Reporters with questions about covering the courts in Nebraska should feel free to contact the Supreme Court Public Information Officer.
Reporters Guide to Nebraska Courts and Media Law
JUSTICE Case Search - available to Nebraska.gov subscribers.
Court Case Information in JUSTICE
All journalists are encouraged to subscribe to Nebraska.gov to access both trial court and appellate court case information including images of filed documents from any location at any time. Subscription services include a search of JUSTICE records by judgment date.
Media can access the same information available by subscription through Nebraska.gov on a public access terminal available at each county courthouse during business hours.
Note: Imaged documents are not available on the one-time search option through JUSTICE - journalists using the one-time search option must contact the court directly for imaged documents including court orders.
Forms/Policies for Audio and Video Coverage
Media outlets wanting courtroom video of Supreme Court or Court of Appeals arguments for editing and rebroadcast of should review the court calendar and send an email to the Supreme Court Public Information Officer requesting a drop box link to the courtroom video file. If requests are made at least a week prior to argument, Nebraska Educational Television with switch cameras between the judges and the attorney podium.
- Supreme Court
- Court of Appeals
Trial Court Resources
Case Calendar Search for Trial Courts (iOS) (Android) - search participating county and district courts for upcoming cases and the dates they're occurring. Information is populated through the JUSTICE Case Management System.
Cameras in Nebraska Courts: Expanded Media Coverage in Nebraska Trial Courts
“Expanded media coverage” includes broadcasting, televising, electronic recording, or photographing of judicial proceedings for the purpose of gathering and disseminating news to the public.
- Supreme Court/Court of Appeals
- 1st Judicial District (District Courts of Clay, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Nuckolls, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, and Thayer Counties
- District Court Judge Paul Korslund
- District Court Judge Daniel Bryan
- 2nd Judicial District (District and County Courts of Sarpy, Cass and Otoe Counties)
- District Court Judges outside Sarpy County
- County Court Judges, all courtrooms
- 3rd Judicial District (District Court of Lancaster County)
- District Court Judge Steven Burns
- 3rd Judicial District (County Court of Lancaster County)
- 5th Judicial District (County Courts of Boone, Butler, Colfax, Hamilton, Merrick, Nance, Platte, Polk, Saunders, Seward, and York Counties)
- County court judges, all courtrooms
- 9th Judicial District
- County Court Judge John Rademacher
- 11th Judicial District (District Courts in Lincoln County)
- Discretion of the District Court judge presiding in Lincoln County
- 12th Judicial District (District Court)
- District Court Judge Derek Weimer
- District Court Judge Travis O’Gorman
- 12th Judicial District (County Court)
- County Court Judge Randin Roland
News Release Archive