Are you representing yourself?
- Our Self-Help Website is a great tool for those who desire to represent themselves in the Nebraska Court System.
- If you are unable to find forms you are looking for on our Self-Help website, check the resource page “When you can’t afford a lawyer.”
- Looking for an attorney?
Guardians Needing Assistance with Accounting
- Guardians who need general information on the court process should review the Guardianship / Conservatorship in Nebraska page of this website. For those who only need only accounting forms, there is a complete list on the Accounting Forms page. Assistance in completing guardianship is available at one of the Self-Help Centers in Lincoln, Omaha, Madison, and the Kearney/Grand Island area. To find self-help center hours, read “Where to go for help if you cannot afford a lawyer.”
Summoned to Jury Duty?
- Read about how Jury Service works in the State of Nebraska.
Need to pay a fine?
- Pay online with our e-payment service.
Need information on a trial court (district, county, or juvenile) case or criminal records check?
- Use our One-Time Court Case Search ($15/search) to find a case in the Nebraska Court System.
- Use our Case Calendar search function to learn about the schedule of a courthouse near you.
- If you are being asked for a Criminal History or criminal records check (some refer to a RAP sheet which includes arrests and resulting dispositions), you need to go through the Nebraska State Patrol. For an online check, use the Nebraska State Patrol criminal history webpage. To make a request in writing to the State Patrol, complete the information listed on the Patrol’s records check page.
Need information on a Supreme Court or Court of Appeals case?
- The specific schedule of cases for the current month Nebraska Supreme Court and Nebraska Court of Appeals are found on the Court “Call” future dates for court sessions are listed on the Appellate Court Calendar.
- Oral arguments before Nebraska’s Appellate Courts can be viewed live from the Nebraska Educational Television’s Live & On Demand: State Government website, only cases argued in the State Capitol will be shown.
- Both audio and video files of oral arguments are archived on this site. Listen to past arguments by locating the date it was argued before the Supreme Court Archive or Court of Appeals Archive.
Need an accommodation under the American’s with Disabilities Act?
- Contact the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 1213 State Capitol, 1445 K Street / P.O. Box 98910, Lincoln, NE 68509, Phone: (402) 471-2921, email@example.com
Wanting to get married?
Need information about child custody, separation, or divorce?
- Information about separation and divorce can be found on our Divorce, Parenting, and Support information page.
- A list of court-approved Parenting Education Classes is provided for parents going through the courts in separation or divorce.
- A list of court-approved Parenting Mediators is provided for parents wanting to create their own parenting plans.
Want to know more about the Nebraska Judicial Branch?
- Read a synopsis of the Nebraska Judicial System which includes a legal glossary.
- Take a look at our Publications and Reports that detail various caseloads and progress reports throughout the Judicial Branch.
- Our Strategic Agenda details the Judicial Branch's commitment to a better court system for all Nebraskans.
- We maintain relationships with the various tribal courts that are in Nebraska.
- Find out what has happened recently in the Judicial Branch by taking a look at our Press Releases.
Want to request a speaker from the Nebraska Judicial Branch?
- Learn about the process to request a speaker for your event from the Judicial Branch Speakers Bureau.
Curious about the Judicial Branch's outreach?
- Learn about the Public Education Outreach Promoting Law & Equity (PEOPLE) Committee which facilitates a relationship between the Judical Branch and the public.
- Catch up on the Oral Arguments of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, which dictate precedents on legal issues in Nebraska.
Have a concern about a judge, lawyer, or court official?
File a complaint about:
- Court Employees including a Clerk Magistrate or Probation Officer
- Court Reporters in District or Separate Juvenile Court
- Parenting Act Mediators
Voting for a Nebraska state court judge in an upcoming election?
Desire to interact with the Judicial Branch?