(A) There is hereby established the Nebraska Supreme Court Continuing Legal Education Commission consisting of seven members. The Nebraska Supreme Court shall appoint to the commission six resident members of this state who are active members of the Nebraska State Bar Association licensed to engage in the practice of law in Nebraska. There shall be one such attorney member appointed from each of the six Nebraska Supreme Court judicial districts. The attorney members shall serve a term of three (3) years each. Of the six members initially appointed, two members shall serve for one (1) year, two members shall serve for two (2) years, and two members shall serve for three (3) years. The seventh member shall be a justice of the Nebraska Supreme Court appointed by the Chief Justice. No attorney member shall serve more than two consecutive terms as a member of the commission.
(B) The commission shall meet at such places and times as it determines. The members shall be entitled to reimbursement for reasonable travel, lodging, and other reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of duties relating to the commission.
(C) The Nebraska Supreme Court shall adopt rules governing the operations and activities of the commission.
(D) The administrator of the commission shall be the Director.
(E) The Director, on behalf of the commission, shall have the following duties with respect to CLE for attorneys:
(1) To exercise general administrative authority over the Nebraska Supreme Court program for CLE established by these rules;
(2) To accredit program sponsors, courses, programs, and other educational activities that will satisfy the educational requirements of these rules;
(3) To approve CLE activities other than accredited courses for credit toward the requirements of these rules;
(4) To establish and maintain a system for recording and monitoring attorney legal education credits required by these rules;
(5) To review and rule on attorney applications for waivers and extensions of time to the requirements of these rules;
(6) To notify attorneys pursuant to § 3-401.11 of their failure to comply with the requirements of these rules;
(7) To report promptly to the commission concerning any violation of these rules by any active member of the Nebraska State Bar Association;
(8) To set fees for sharing U.S. Postal mailing lists with CLE sponsors for correspondence with Nebraska attorneys.
(F) The Director, his or her representatives, and members of the CLE commission, and all others whose assistance is requested by any of the foregoing in connection with the enforcement of these rules, shall be immune from suit for any conduct in the course of their official duties under these rules.