Appellate Court eFiling System Wins Award

Appellate Court eFiling System Wins Award

Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Nebraska Court of Appeals and Supreme Court’s new electronic filing system was selected by StateScoop as the IT Innovation of the Year.  The eFiling system was nominated through the courts’ technology partner Nebraska.gov and the award was announced on April 23.  Appellate Court eFiling went into pilot in September of 2016 and use of the online service has been growing steadily. This filing system greatly decreases the percentage of paper filings. Currently, the system is handling almost 60% of filings, with the remaining 40% in paper form.

Planning, design and testing took months of work by the project group which consisted of Terri Brown, Staff Attorney and Clerk of the Supreme Court; Erika Schafer, Assistant Staff Attorney; Jill Machacek, Deputy Clerk of the Supreme Court; Pam Kraus, Deputy Clerk of the Supreme Court; and, Mary Putnam, JUSTICE/SCCALES programmer. Congratulations to the project group on a successful initiative, and for national recognition.
 
Read about the Scoop awards: http://statescoop.com/monthly/statescoop-highlights-state-it-cyber-leaders-with-annual-statescoop-50-awards

Pictured (back) Pam Kraus, Ashley Nolte, Justice Stephanie Stacy, Terri Brown, Jennifer Rasmussen (front) Laura Monsees, Chief Justice Heavican, Shelley Holmberg

Not Pictured:  Jill Machacek, Lori Oliveros