Maskil-Cronin v. Cronin

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionPDF versionPDF version

Maskil-Cronin v. Cronin

Case Number
Court Number
Call Date
January 11, 2022
Case Time
1:00 PM
Case Summary

A-21-310, Jamie R. Maskil-Cronin (appellant) v. Keith P. Cronin (appellee/cross-appellant)

Sarpy County, District Court, Judge Stefanie Martinez

Attorney for Appellant: David Pontier (Koenig Dunne, PC, LLO)

Attorney for Appellee/Cross-Appellant: Virginia A. Albers (Slowiaczek Albers, PC, LLO)

Civil Action: Modification of Child Support

Action Taken by Trial Court:  The parties’ marriage was dissolved by decree in December 2011; the parties were awarded joint legal and physical custody of their two minor children. The children’s expenses were divided between the parties and Keith agreed to child support with an upward deviation from the child support guidelines based upon the allocation of those expenses. At the time Keith filed an application to modify his child support obligation in June 2020, he was paying $1,000 per month in child support for two children. Following trial, the district court entered a modification order requiring Keith to pay $451 per month in child support for two children. The upward deviation was eliminated, and Keith was required to pay 63 percent of all reasonable and necessary expenses for the children while Jamie would pay the remaining 37 percent of such expenses.

Assignments of Error on Appeal and Cross-Appeal: On appeal, Jamie contends the district court erred in (1) calculating Keith’s modified child support obligation based on factual findings that were not supported by the record, (2) finding that a material change in circumstances warranted modification of Keith’s child support obligation, and (3) setting the retroactive effective date of Keith’s modified child support to July 1, 2020, without also retroactively modifying Jamie’s obligations under the decree.

On cross-appeal, Keith claims the district court erred in its determination of Jamie’s income and in not adopting his proposed child support calculation.

Case Location
Court Type
District Court
Schedule Code
Panel Text
Pirtle, Chief Judge, Riedmann and Bishop, Judges